Condominium units are the rave nowadays. Not only are they often strategically-located, they also provide access to a number of amenities.
Despite the foregoing, however, owners of condo units often find themselves facing two major interior design concerns in the course of decorating their units, namely, budget and space.
In this article, we will run down a couple of condo interior design tips that will not only help you save space, but also ensure that you don’t break the bank.
Space-Efficient Condo Interior Design
Just because you have a limited floor space doesn’t mean that your interior design should also be highly limited.
With the right techniques, you will be able to effectively manage space without sacrificing aesthetics. Here are some things that you should keep in mind when planning your condo interior design:
- Organization. Organization is an important facet of interior design, even more so when you are working with limited space. Since you have a smaller area to work with, it is necessary that furniture be arranged strategically to accommodate foot trafficand create the illusion of a larger space.
- Furniture functionality. Interior design is as much about aesthetics as it is about function. To save space, opt for furniture that can double up as storage or use those that can be folded and stashed away when not in use. This way, you will be able to free up more space without having to do away with furniture, particularly seating.
- Clutter management. When designing a small space, it is important to do away with the clutter. Minimalist designs, as such, are more advisable as it does away with unnecessary furnishings that can make the room look more crowded than it actually is. As much as possible, stick with the essentials and keep everything streamlined.
Budget-Friendly Condo Interior Design
Budget is another major concern of condo-owners when decorating their units. Fortunately, there are certain ways in which you can make your unit look luxurious without spending so much. Here are some tried-and-tested condo interior design tricks employed by condo interior designers to create luxurious-looking spaces:
- Play with colours. In the same way that certain colours can make the space look larger or smaller, certain hues can also make a room look more sophisticated. If you want to make the room look instantly polished, opt for crisp white interiors or neutral walls. Not only do neutral interiors look clean and well-kept, it will also allow you to switch up the accent furnishings every so often.
- Be mindful of the lighting. Lighting can make or break an interior design. With the proper lighting, you can easily lend an air of sophistication to your unit while, at the same time, making the space look wider. If you are not ready to spend on furniture and other furnishings, investing in high-quality light fixtures will be a good starting point.
Condominium units are convenient living spaces specially-tailored to accommodate the fast-paced lifestyle in major cities all over the world.
While the floor area of condo units is limited, it doesn’t mean that your condo interior design choices must also be heavily-constrained.
With the right tools, it is possible to create a space-efficient and budget-friendly living area without sacrificing aesthetic appeal.